Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bringing Work Home

I came home to half of my house completely ransacked this week.  What little we actually owned is gone.  Someone broke in during the ONE HOUR that no one was home (thankfully in a way since my gram would have been scared more than she is now).  So far what I can tell is missing includes my gram's wedding set from the 1930's, the pearls I bought her for her 92nd birthday, my mom's wedding set, her class ring, my grandfather's gold pocket watch, and my great grandfather's fire chief badge.  All sentimental and irreplaceable of course.

I am taking it surprisingly well.  Maybe it's because I came home expecting my dogs to be dead and was thrilled to see them run to me.  Or, it could be that I'm just so desensitized from all these thieving bastards that I can't even feel bad for myself.  I have been on a mission to figure out who was in my house and stole from my sick mom and old defenseless grandmother. I really hope I'm successful even if I don't get any of their stuff back the satisfaction of having my guys pick up the burglary and take him for a ride would be worth it.

The worst part of the whole situation is the dogs are traumatized.  The dachshund fought hard to protect her home.  I know it sounds silly because she's a short, fat little porker but I had to take her to the vet today to get 2 broken teeth removed.  She did everything she could to make sure that whoever was here wouldn't want to come here again.  She's resting right now, her mouth is all swollen from the stitches and shes moaning.  Poor girl, I would have rather been home than have someone hurt her.

I haven't been able to focus on much else the past few days and I have zero patience for other people.  I haven't talked to my boyfriend in days and he sent me a text this afternoon asking if I was mad at him. I am mad.  Just not at him.  I'm mad that people are stupid and take other people's stuff, I'm mad that some loser could scare my family and not care, and I'm really mad that my dog paid the price for it all.  But looking at the bright side I'm happy she's here sitting next to me on the couch and not being buried in the back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment